Company’s business operations are divided into three major segments:
- BNPL – Consisting of MobiKwik Zip and Zip EMI which provides accessible and affordable small-ticket credit to middle-class Indians for daily payments as well as discretionary spending.
- Consumer Payments – Consisting of MobiKwik Wallet which is a mobile payments app.
- Payment Gateway – which includes Zaakpay, a payment gateway aggregator offering end-to-end payment solutions to online merchants.
The company operates as a mobile payments network that connects users with retailers. It enables users to load money into wallet once using cash, loyalty points, debit cards, credit cards, and net banking to make payments for online/offline purchases; and transfer money to wallets and bank accounts using MobiKwik.
Products & Services: Mobile Recharge, Electricity Bill Payment, DTH Bill Payment, Gas Bill Payment, EMI Payments, Offers, Bus-Online Bus Booking
Category: Service Provider
The company is focussing on the fast-growing online payments market of India by providing everyday mobile payments and benefits of Buy Now Pay Later (BNPL) offerings. As of March 31, 2021, Mobikwik has over 101.37 million registered users and more than 3.44 million e-commerce, physical retail, and biller partners.
Focused on addressing the unmet credit needs of the fast growing online transactors by combining the convenience of everyday mobile payments with the benefits of Buy Now Pay Later (BNPL). Technology-first company leveraging big data analytics and deep data science (including machine learning).
One Mobikwik Systems Limited, also popularly known as MobiKwik, is an unlisted public company incorporated on 20 March, 2008. It is located in Gurgaon, Haryana.
Bipin Preet Singh, Upasana Rupkrishan Taku, Koshur Family Trust, and Narinder Singh Family Trust are the company promoters.
The Corporate Identification Number (CIN) of One Mobikwik Systems Limited is U64201HR2008PLC053766. The registered office of One Mobikwik Systems Limited is at 5TH FLOOR, HUDA CITY CENTRE METRO STATION,SECTOR 29, GURUGRAM, Gurgaon, Haryana. https://www.mobikwik.com/
|Name of Shareholder||% of pre-Offer shareholding*|
|Bipin Preet Singh||20.21%|
|Upasana Rupkrishan Taku||14.31%|
|Other Selling Shareholders|
|Bajaj Finance Ltd||13.86%|
|Sequoia Capital India Investments IV||13.46%|
|Tree Line Asia Master Fund (Singapore) Pte Ltd||4.43%|
|Sequoia Capital India Investment Holdings III||3.79%|
|Cisco Systems (USA) Pte. Ltd.||2.08%|
|American Express Travel Related Services Company, Inc||1.81%|
|Particulars||For the year/period ended (₹ in Millions)|
|Profit After Tax||(1,113.00)||(999.20)||(1,479.73)|
For fiscal 2021, the firm reported a total income of ₹302.26 crore, up from ₹ 369.85 crore a year ago. Net loss for the period widened to ₹111.30 crore from ₹99.92 crore in the previous year.
- Large engaged user base with low Customer Acquisition Costs – Registered Users have grown at a CAGR of 25.70% from 64.16 million as of March 31, 2019 to 101.37 million as of March 31, 2021. In FY21, 77% Registered Users were added organically without any cost (Source: Company DRHP).
- Strong consumer brand recognised across India – Extensive physical retail and online merchant network across India as of March 31, 2021 was over 3.44 million, including over 3.37 million physical stores, 73,281 online merchants and 283 billers (Source: Company DRHP).
- Technology and product first approach to business – The product design is tailored to provide an experience that is ‘simple yet delightful’, and supports the user through the entire payment life cycle.
Globally, BNPL has emerged as a large and fast-growing opportunity to democratize lending: India has low credit card penetration (approximately 3.5% of the Indian population above the age of 15 years) compared to the developed countries; this is an opportunity for BNPL models to grow in India as well.
The Gurgaon-based firm said it will continue to seek attractive inorganic opportunities that will fit well with its strategic business objectives and growth strategies, and the amount of net proceeds to be used for acquisitions will be based on its management’s decision.
Latest News and Developments
BCCL invests $13.3m in MobiKwik’s pre-IPO round – 2 January 2022
Digital payments solutions startup MobiKwik has raised about $13.3 million (Rs 100 crore) in funding from Bennett Coleman and Company Limited (BCCL).
MobiKwik files for ₹1,900 crore share sale – Payments firm One MobiKwik Systems Ltd on filed draft share sale documents with the market regulator to raise as much as ₹1,900 crore, joining a host of new-age technology companies racing to tap public market investors.
Tech startups such as MobiKwik are rushing to take advantage of the positive sentiments created by a record-breaking stocks rally, burgeoning public interest in technology shares and the accelerated adoption of online services in the past year because of the pandemic.
Among MobiKwik’s shareholders participating in the offer for sale are American Express Travel Related Services, which plans to sell shares worth as much as ₹9.98 crore, Bajaj Finance ( ₹68.98 crore), Sequoia Capital ( ₹95 crore), Cisco Systems ( ₹11.48 crore), Tree Line Asia Master Fund Pte ( ₹24.41 crore) and MobiKwik co-founders Bipin Preet Singh ( ₹113.33 crore) and Upasana Taku ( ₹78.82 crore).
Singh and Taku hold 20.21% and 14.31% in the company, respectively. Bajaj Finance owns 13.86%, while Sequoia Capital India Investment has 13.46%.